Our Children’s Ministry Core Beliefs
- Each child is a gift from God. (Psalm 127:3-5)
- Children should be kept safe. (Luke 17:2)
- All children deserve to be treated with dignity. (Matthew 7:12)
- As is true for all humankind, a child’s greatest need is for a Savior. (Romans 3:23, 6:23)
- Children can grow in grace & use their spiritual gifts for the glory of God. (2 Peter 3:18; 1 Corinthians 12:1-11)
According to the Bible, Jesus said that the two most important commandments are to love God with one’s whole heart, mind, body and soul, and to love others as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:34-40). We encourage this by introducing kids to the truths of God’s Word, while showing them how to connect those truths from ideas in their head to faith-based actions they can live out in their daily lives.
Sunday School Classes
At Orchard Community Church, we offer Biblically based, age-appropriate Sunday school classes for Preschool through 5th grade students. Children are also welcome in “big church” with their parents. Once a quarter, we have family Sundays where all pre-school and older attend church with their family.
In our first-class nursery, infants and toddlers (from two weeks old through two years old) are cared for in a safe and nurturing environment, and are welcome beginning at 10am until the end of the worship service. Nursing mothers are also welcome to use the nursery as needed.
Class promotions happen yearly near the beginning of summer. At that time, 2-year-olds in the nursery who are ready to move up to the Preschool class are welcome to do so.
For more information about Children’s Ministry at OCC, please contact Pastor DK at DK@orchardcommunity.org or call our church office at 408-379-1682.